Very traditional vocals in Chinese folk music. She has that shrill, tremulous, warbling voice called for the style and a powerful, emotive way. Backed by traditional instruments as well as viola, violin,, chello it’s not in the least over-produced or commercial. Read the extensive notes and give these a try:
2. Midtempo and sweet w/warm strings.
4. Shrill, downtempo w/bamboo flutes & dulcimer.
5. Starts quietly, then a light, airy midtempo tune.
6. Fun, bouncy children’s song.
8. Slow and sad with lyrical strings weeping along.
9. A plinky, bounce. A children’s song w/strings.
11. Fast vocals with strings talking back. Upbeat & driving.
14. Mid/upbeat w/a more modern sound. Lots of vocal wanderings.
16. Midtempo zither and vocals. Bright & lyrical.
20. Bright, upbeat trilling & strings.
21. Midtempo flower drum song. Really pretty vocals/flute/dulcimer.