|Whitehorse, Johnny / Totemic Flute Chants|
|Album:||Totemic Flute Chants||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Silver Wave Records|
|Add Date:||2008-03-09||Pull Date:||2008-05-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||6 Apr||23 Mar||16 Mar|
|1.||Jun 09, 2009:||Songs of the Whale |
|4.||Apr 25, 2008:||The Rent Party |
|2.||May 06, 2008:||Peace at the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Apr 22, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Apr 29, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Apr 22, 2008:||world beat |
2008 Grammy Award-winner for Best Native American Music Album. Whitehorse is the alter-ego of Robert Mirabal, Taos Pueblo singer/songwriter/guitarist/flutist. This blend of flute, keyboard, tribal drums and vocals celebrates our animal spirit guides. Beautiful music, ranging from meditative to quietly powerful. Play it all.|
1. Sweet, relaxed, contemplative. Warm, soothing, truly lovely.
2. Midtempo ode to the playful coyote. Flutes and chanting.
3. Delicate flute rides gently over quiet drums. Downtempo.
4. Flute, spoken word in English. Dramatic and elegant.
5. Downtempo, graceful flute, chanting, shakers. Really pretty.
6. Midtempo, sweet trilling flute. Warm & lyrical.
7. Midtempo w/cool blend of flute & percussion. Subtly powerful.
8. Fluid, relaxed, spare w/flute playing whalesong.
9. Starts quietly, great flute showcase. The forest comes alive.
10. An eagle cries, soaring, airy, down/midtempo. Gorgeous.
11. Midtempo w/a sense of strength. Lyrical flute, quiet chants.
12. Quiet intro, wolf howl, builds subtly. Relaxed & calming.