This might be some of the most interesting music I’ve seen cross our threshold in a long time: elements of disco, rock, dirge, with demented twisted vocals, but all rhythmic and enjoyable to listen to. None of that “were-so-cool-we-are-impossible-to-listen-to bullshit happening here. Unsure how to describe except as what my idealistic in-love music director self circa 2003 wouldve hoped that “electroclash” may have evolved into (into fading into appropriate obscurity). Easily a “band of the year for 2008”. Play with Glass Candy, especially the new album.
Play any track.
1) slow plod with lyrics profound, but builds in a dense really creative interesting way
2) slight electro feel to this creepy interesting ditty with subliminal female vocals
3) head nod beat, creepy feel, “kill people” refrain, gotta love it
4) hand clap near disco feel, but ever so twisted, heavy beat
5) subdued swallowed rhythm, strange for sure
plodding, but then a disco feel, just dark and fucked up, synthy at end
7) kind of a drugged out rock song, its there but its not, spacey but not psychey, god this is good
8) kinda guitar or something driven
9) sorta more normal sounding, still interesting.