|Martires Del Compas / No Papers|
|Artist:||Martires Del Compas||Added:||04/2008|
|Label:||Harmonia Mundi Usa|
|Add Date:||2008-04-20||Pull Date:||2008-06-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||15 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr|
|1.||May 10, 2018:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||May 20, 2008:||The Professor Barnaby J. Finkerton Variety Hour -- Music that Appears to be of L |
Petebuleria, Oh! Galicia Calidades
|2.||Jun 14, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Pinceladas De Buleria
|5.||May 17, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|3.||May 24, 2008:||Disorder Lost, Disorder Found |
Oh! Galicia Calidades
|6.||May 13, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Modern Flamenco from Valencia. Very hoarse male lead vocals, fine but generally rather low-key guitar – not like Southern Flamenco. Many tracks also have electric guitar, and are “flamenco” mostly in the rhythm and vocal style. The lyrics also have the quirky free-style poetry of Flamenco.|
No FCCs detected, although plenty of sexy talk in Spanish. I like 2, 7, 8 and 12 best.
1. *soft and sweet Spanish guitar, claps, Flamenco vocals. Very mellow and low-key, but builds in passion.
2. ***full band, Flamenco rhythm but with electric guitar, chorus as well as lead vocal. Title means “Play it again, Sam”…
3. ** pretty and relaxed, and the electric guitar is almost a bit odd in this setting. Love songs with rather odd lyrics, but hey, it’s all in Spanish… Switches up to double time for last minute.
4. *very subdued and slightly swingy acoustic music, lovely guitar, actually a sexy love song (rather Song-of-Solomon style lyrics).
5. **somehow relaxed but with nice energy, very hip-wiggleable. Anti-discrimination lyrics, but again a bit strange. Really nice guitar and bass work on this one.
6. **really lovely solo Flamenco guitar for first 1:40, then just guitar, rhythm box and vocals. Stream of consciousness lyrics. Builds a lot in the last minute.
7. ***lovely and relaxed, fairly traditional in sound, nice bass as well as combination of the male and female vocal.
8. ***very pretty, very sweet traditional Spanish (not particularly Flamenco) sound. Truly odd lyrics, about tar and octopi and Spain being a donut…
9. *again both relaxed and energetic, but I can’t really put a finger on what to call the style. Nice bit of just percussion and vocals.
10. *oom-pah beat, interspersed with slow moody bits. Sort of indie-pop. Rather dreamy bridge.
11. **crowd noises and trumpet from a bullfight (?) intro, then swingy Spanish guitars. Lovely stuff, but the intro is going to be odd for radio. Uptempo guitar bridge.
12. ****very traditional Flamenco, very well done. Very simple instrumentation, but fine energy. Whew!
|2.||Tocala Sam||8.||Oh! Galicia Calidades|
|3.||Chu Lailo La Leilo||9.||Metamorphosis|
|6.||Infoxidable||12.||Pinceladas De Buleria|