|Potts, Robert (Dr. "Feelgood") / Going Down To Memphis|
|Album:||Going Down To Memphis||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Potts, Robert (Dr. "Feelgood")||Added:||Apr 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-04-13||Pull Date:||2008-06-15||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||May 4||Apr 20|
|1.||May 03, 2008:||blues with a feelin |
Greenwood Mississippi Town
|2.||Apr 19, 2008:||blues with a feelin |
Going Down To Memphis
Potts, Dr. “Feelgood”/Going Down to Memphis|
Pottstown Music Review: Andrea
Harmonica Blues from the Dr., this is the real deal. The blues is alive and well in the heart and soul of Dr. Potts. Born and raised in Memphis, he brings Beale Street back. It’s his first bona fide all blues release and well worth the wait. He’s channelling Willie Dixon in his song writing and you can’t ask for more than that. Check out the liner notes to see Dr. Potts in all his glory. All tracks are great, not a miss here.FCC Clean
1) 4:14 Mid, sweet harp blues Memphis style.
2) 4:29 Slow and mellow tellin’ it like it is.
3) 4:25 Mid Instr. some super sweet blues sounds.
4) 4:07 Mid 12 bar blues shuffle, very funny tune…great lyrics and once again, telling it like it is.
5) 3:39 Up 12 bar blues shuffle, great and fun very up and “sasifyin’”
6) 3:48 Slow Instrumental…sweet low and ultimately mellow
7) 3:19 Uptempo fun definitely ala Howlin’ Wolf.
8) 4:34 Slow and super sweet, singing the praises of Greenwood.
9) 4:09 Up and driving blues and more a la Howlin’ Wolf.
10) 2:31 Up instrumental hard driving way to end
|1.||Going Down To Memphis||6.||Delta Blues|
|2.||Ramblin' Mind Blues||7.||Pistol Packing Mama|
|3.||Juke Joint Blues||8.||Greenwood Mississippi Town|
|4.||My In-Laws||9.||I Love You Baby|
|5.||A Dab Of Your Love||10.||Break Away|