|Creole Belles, The / Creole Belles, The|
|Album:||Creole Belles, The||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Creole Belles, The||Added:||04/2008|
|Add Date:||2008-04-13||Pull Date:||2008-06-15||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||25 May||27 Apr||20 Apr|
|1.||Fri, 19 Jun 09:||Eme O|
|3.||Sat, 26 Apr 08:||Andrea L|
Deep Fried & Sanctified
|2.||Mon, 19 May 08:||Edna|
|4.||Wed, 16 Apr 08:||dj natty and dj brick|
nag champa orangeasm
Creole Belles, The/The Creole Belles|
Arhoolie 2008 Review: Andrea
Bay area Cajun and Zydeco band’s first CD. A fantastic collection and Cajun and Zydeco favorites that the group learned directly from the masters…the best way possible. Put on your dance shoes, this rocks hard. Every track is great! If you ever thought that all Cajun music “sounds the same” this will help dispel that myth. Most tracks are heavy instrumental.
1) 2:36 Up Canray Fontenot tune only a little singing
2) 2:57 Up “Zydeco Everywhere” sizzling played on a two-row accordion.
3) 3:00 Mid Valse, beautiful playing.
4) 2:39 Up medley of beautiful music from the Carriere family. Gorgeous fiddle.
5) 3:13 Up this song was adapted from a tape of a Willie Balfa tune recorded at his house two days before he died.
6) 3:17 Mid pretty
7) 2:10 Up Sung by Andrew with great fiddle.
8) 3:17 Up This track also has a lot of great lyrics.
9) 2:59 Up Ann Savoy and Boozoo Chavis inspired this version.
10) 2:53 Mid Valse, delightful twin fiddles…
11) 2:12 Up About an upstanding man.
12) 2:59 Mid valse about a man finding his wife has left him after a night of carousing.
13) 2:09 Up and a lot of fun, I’m a sucker for the rubboard.
14) 3:12 Mid waltz with more twin fiddle fun.
15) 3:15 Up great two-step, rocks hard.
16) 2:50 Mid waltz with two row accordion again. Mid-European influences.
17) 2:57 Up with a great country lead in, rocks the house.
18) 2:20 Up the namesake song with mandolin and very sweet almost like a child’s tune. Pretty. Ends with barking.n