|Brent, Eden / Mississippi Number One|
|Album:||Mississippi Number One||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Brent, Eden||Added:||Apr 2008|
|Label:||Yellow Dog Records|
|Add Date:||2008-04-13||Pull Date:||2008-06-15||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Jun 1||May 11||May 4||Apr 20|
|1.||Dec 24, 2011:||Music Casserole [blues marathon 2011] |
Trouble In Mind
|4.||Aug 21, 2010:||Music Casserole |
The Man I Love
|2.||Oct 02, 2010:||blues with a feelin |
He'll Do The Same Thing To You
|5.||Nov 08, 2008:||blues with a feelin' |
Mississippi Flatland Blues
|3.||Aug 28, 2010:||blues with a feelin |
Love Me 'til Dawn, Mississippi Flatland Blues
|6.||May 31, 2008:||blues with a feelin |
Meet You Anywhere
Brent, Eden/Mississippi Number One|
Yellow Dog Records 2008 Review: Andrea
Amazing piano blues that travels from R&B to soul, to funk tinged blues and jazz. A Mississippi singer and pianist covering classics and some of her own terric songs as well. Knicknamed “Little Boogaloo” by her mentor Boogaloo Ames. This is an amazing release. Every track is great. FCC Clean. Track 14 incorrectly credited to Amos Milburn, but it’s by Richard M. Jones.
1) 3:14 Mid, great vocals and hard driving piano blues. Written by her mom.
2) 3:58 Up rousing blues number.
3) 3:20 Mid, great piano blues, think Betty Carter meets Randy Newman.
4) 3:25 Slow and pretty tune, the vocals are throaty and sexy, she kicks ass…gorgeous. Written by mama.
5) 3:54 Mid funky down home tune, great lyrics and sure to make you hungry. Sparse pared down instrumentation. Ends with laughter.
6) 3:56 Up Title track, blues rock about her home. Boogaloo!
7) 4:10 Slow great version of this Gershwin tune…the vocals slay.
8) 3:46 Slow and amazing version of the WC Handy song…damn.
9) 3:24 Mid funky full band backing her on this one.
10) 4:14 Slow and fantastic version of this song, her throaty vocals are perfect for this song without sounding effected.
11) 3:41 Mid jazzy
12) 2:39 Up bouncy. Written on the spot by her mom when her dad had stayed out all night, go mama go.
13) 3:33 Slow stunning love song
14) 5:52 Slow full on blues great cover. Damn, I heard a musician at a festival explain that you shouldn’t force vibrato, you have to feel it. Well, Ms. Eden certainly feels it...
15) 4:17 Slow and gorgeous, builds soulful.