|Port O'brien / All We Could Do Was Sing|
|Album:||All We Could Do Was Sing||Collection:||General|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2008-06-15||Pull Date:||2008-08-17|
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun|
|1.||Tue, 06 Jan 09:||canuck|
I once was Canadian (Best of the Bay 2008)
|4.||Sun, 20 Jul 08:||Mr. Sparkle/The Dead KennyGs|
Mmm...Tastes Like Candy!
|2.||Tue, 29 Jul 08:||canuck|
I once was Canadian
|5.||Tue, 15 Jul 08:||canuck|
i once was canadian
|3.||Tue, 22 Jul 08:||Francis D|
|6.||Tue, 15 Jul 08:||Francis D|
LOCAL seafaring indie folk music. The band splits its time between the Bay Area and Alaska where they're involved in the fishing industry. Van, the main singer/ songwriter, works on his dad's fishing boat off of Kodiak Island. Many sea and fishing themes show up in the music. Often times songs have acoustic guitar, banjo, group singing and interesting percussion. Good stuff.|
-Adrian FCC: 4
My picks: 1, 3, 10
1. rollicking and addictive, upbeat (but dark) w/ group singing, guitar, pots, pans
2. med-slow. starts slowly and with m vox + electric guitar and then builds to fuller sound and group vox.
3. mid-tempo. fingerpicked guitar. drums, strings, banjo later. nice melancholy song.
4. slow. guitar and strings.
6. med-slow. electric guitars. vocals on the howling side. song goes into guitar solo section.
7. med-slow. acoustic guitar and more fragile vocals.
8. med-slow. guitar, banjo drums. ends early (0:41 left) then goes into radio recording
9. med-slow. acoustic guitar and banjo. f vox.
10. med-fast. electric guitar, tambourine, m vox. gets rowdy later.
11. med-slow. demo-sounding. fragile. acoustic + vox + strange glurging sounds.
|1.||I Woke Up Today||6.||Pigeonhold|
|2.||Stuck On A Boat||7.||Will You Be There?|
|3.||Fisherman's Son||8.||The Rooftop Song|
|4.||Don't Take My Advice||9.||In Vino Veritas|
|5.||Alive For Nothing||10.||Close The Lid|