|Harrisons / No Fighting In The War Room|
|Album:||No Fighting In The War Room||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-07-13||Pull Date:||2008-09-14|
|Week Ending:||Aug 17||Aug 10||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 20|
|1.||Aug 16, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Aug 02, 2008:||Volcano Radio |
Man Of The Hour
|2.||Aug 06, 2008:||A2Z (with Ross) |
|5.||Jul 30, 2008:||A2Z |
|3.||Aug 02, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Jul 20, 2008:||Mmm...Tastes Like Candy! |
Harrisons – No Fighting in the War Room|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/4/08
Enjoyable punk/new wave from Sheffield. They clearly took more than a page from the Clash’s book for the first few songs, but you’re not going to hear me complaining! Quite a bit of alt-rock and introspection in a few of the songs.
No FCCs detected. I like 1, 2 and 9 best.
1. 3:55 ***dubby punk, political lyrics, galloping beat. Bit of dub and spoken word in the middle.
2. 2:39 ***straightforward double-time punk rock.
3. 2:37 **boppy and aggressive with a bit of pop. Long fade.
4. 3:20 unplugged, laid back, folky, sweet and a bit religious.
5. 5:16 *tones and strums intro, gradually building into very downbeat shoegaze. A bit of 60’s psychedelic feel. Builds and comes down a couple of times, and gets frankly psychedelic near the end.
6. 3:50 **swingy midtempo with a bit of syncopation.
7. 3:57 acoustic guitar and sincerity.
8. 2:52 **uptempo punk march.
9. 3:04 ***classic British punk
10. 3:42 *starts with 13 seconds of whirring noises, then midtempo alt-rock, builds until ending full of feedback.
11. 3:31 **midtempo post-punk, intense.
12. 4:11 *pretty alt-rock with lots of low end and sincerity. Builds a lot, to another feedback ending.
|2.||Man Of The Hour||8.||Monday's Arms|
|3.||Wishing Well||9.||Medication Time|
|4.||Little Boy Lost||10.||Crystal Sweet|
|5.||Simmer Away||11.||Blue Note|
|6.||Take It To The Mattress||12.||Come For Me|