|Various Artists / Living Is Hard|
|Album:||Living Is Hard||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2008|
|Label:||Honest Jon's Records|
|Add Date:||2008-11-09||Pull Date:||2009-01-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 4||Dec 21||Dec 14||Dec 7||Nov 23||Nov 16|
|1.||Aug 20, 2022:||Music Casserole |
Garse Yer Fido
|4.||Jan 25, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Adersu - No. 2
|2.||Aug 31, 2019:||Music Casserole |
Akuko Nu Bonto
|5.||Jul 24, 2010:||Music Casserole |
Asin Asin Part 2
|3.||Dec 25, 2015:||Meow |
|6.||Jul 22, 2010:||Elite Syncopations |
Akuko Nu Bonto
From 78’s in the RMI Hayes Archive in Britain comes this collection of historic recordings of early African music in the UK. It’s all stripped-down, showing little or no European influence, just a traditional roots sound from their homeland. Mostly midtempo with call/response vocals and light percussion or strings. Interesting stuff, especially:|
3. Growls, solo chanting, spare and kinda creepy.
4. Guitar, simple, untrained male voice.
5. Claps, call/response, midtempo.
6. Starts w/solo voice, then fast percussion & vocals.
8. Swinging guitar instrumental w/light perc. Catchy.
9. Mid call/response w/what sounds like soda bottle percussion.
13. Midtempo w/cool rough vocals & chorus w/light drumming.
14. Slight Caribbean influence, guitar, vox, mid/upbeat.
18. Guitar, midtempo w/relaxed vocals.
21. Mid/up w/cool lead vocals, light drums, chorus.