|Gama Bomb / Citizen Brain|
|Add Date:||2008-10-26||Pull Date:||2008-12-28||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec||16 Nov||2 Nov|
|1.||Apr 14, 2010:||public noize racket |
|4.||Dec 04, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Dec 13, 2008:||too heavy for titanium |
|5.||Nov 15, 2008:||Bloodstains Across Atherton (Das Extende Version) |
|3.||Dec 06, 2008:||Bloodstains Across Atherton (Zee Edit) |
|6.||Nov 01, 2008:||too heavy for titanium |
GAMA BOMB - "Citizen Brain" CD (Earache) |
New thrash revival that sounds like it's from the late 80s. Fast, vocals you can understand, lots of metal riffs and lots of silliness. Yeah, songs about zombies, video games, comic books, and thrashing. From Ireland with influences including DRI, EVILE, MUNICIPAL WASTE and even a little EXODUS.
**1. Great, speedy thrash metal riff. Funny track about a zombie movie with lots of nudity. "No! (No!) It can't be you, you're dead."
2. More speedy thrash metal riffs with a great story about buying some tape and listening to it backwards and hearing "evil voices, evil commands". Vocals kinda suck on this; he's out of his range.
3. About a video game. Straight forward metal. Longish solo.
**4. "Crossover" era DRI riff. Singing about problems in human history with a silly chorus.
**5. Pummeling track about global warming. Nice breakdown then silly solo.
6. 40 seconds of crossover style thrash.
7. You knew they'd have a song about a serial killer right? Headbanging riff, mediocre vocals.
**8. FCC (lots of fucks at the end of the track) Headbang!! Newer EXODUS sound. "I'm shackled to these bullet belts for all eternity". Fuck yeah.
9. Drinking zombies? Silly. More of the same good music.
10. His screams are weak.
11. More video games? Excellent riff and goofy vocal effects from the 80s.
12. Drinking and thrash. Simple but that's OK. Hilarious ending.
13. Lame opening scream. Stiff vocals in general. About Superman?
**14. Quick, nice solo, and going into depth on the story of Space Invaders?
**15. A nice thrashing attack on thrash bands from the 80s current output. This band, as they say in the song, wants to "thrash like its '86". End with excellent metal riff that sounds like a breakdown.
Silly and OK stuff. -mph