|Horse Feathers / House With No Name|
|Album:||House With No Name||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Kill Rock Stars|
|Add Date:||2008-10-12||Pull Date:||2008-12-14|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct|
|1.||Apr 28, 2011:||Daydream Disaster |
Curs In The Weeds
|4.||Apr 21, 2009:||I once was Canadian |
|2.||Dec 01, 2010:||The Independent Mind |
|5.||Jan 27, 2009:||I once was Canadian |
Curs In The Weeds
|3.||Jul 29, 2009:||B-Side Sub |
|6.||Dec 09, 2008:||I once was Canadian (Best of 2008!) |
Working Poor, Curs In The Weeds
Gorgeous breathy and distinctively voiced indie folk from Portland. Justin Ringle and Peter Broderick together write and orchestrate this string-heavy folk music. Ringle's voice is breathy and muffled. Balances the vocals, guitar and orchestration well. This albums really good.|
My picks: all, but especially 1, 3, 6, 9, 10, 11 FCC: clean
1. med-slow. gorgeous slow strum with 3/4 lilt to it, violin, female harmony vox.
2. mid tempo. strings, guitar, glockenspiel. Another gem.
3. mid tempo. lilting banjo + guitar. nice harmonies interspersed.
4. med-fast. driving finger-picking. strings. really nice melody. interspersed sections of random instrumental noises
5. med-slow. lilting strings. slows to a stop and then picks up again midway through.
6. starts slow, just strings. med-slow and sparse under the vocals w/ slight pizzicato strings. builds more near the end.
7. white noise then med-slow piano. instrumental.
8. med-slow. bluesey guitar and, later, strings.
9. slow. piano ballad. really pretty.
10. med-fast. mandolin, strings, guitar. more upbeat than most on the album. really nice harmonies later.
11. slow. guitar and slow string swells.
|1.||Curs In The Weeds||6.||Helen|
|2.||Rude To Rile||7.||Father Reprise|
|3.||Working Poor||8.||Heathen's Kiss|
|5.||A Burden||10.||This Is What|