|Love Me Nots, The / Detroit|
|Artist:||Love Me Nots, The||Added:||Aug 2008|
|Label:||Atomic A Go Go|
|Add Date:||2008-09-14||Pull Date:||2008-11-16|
|Week Ending:||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 21|
|1.||Mar 20, 2011:||Hangtime |
|4.||Oct 21, 2008:||MusicTime! |
|2.||Oct 29, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Oct 11, 2008:||scattersleep radio |
Treat Him Good
|3.||Oct 25, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Walk Around Them
|6.||Oct 09, 2008:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
Black & Blue
The Love Me Nots – Detroit|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/5/08
60’s-style garage-punk with massive guitar, bass and farfisa, strong female vocals. Bits of psychedelic feel – could fit right into any Nuggets comp. Pure ear candy, if you like that sort of thing, and I think you should!
No FCCs detected, but I couldn’t make out most of the words. It’s garage, fergodsake!
I like everything enormously – I guess I like track 7 the most.
1. ***big go-go guitar riff and farfisa, empowerment lyrics. Fuzz guitar solo! Gnarly!
2. **Kinks-like riff with fuzz, downtempo with lots of farfisa.
3. ***bit uptempo surf beat, killer garage punk feel.
4. **fast, also with a surf feel, a bit menacing.
5. **syncopated romp you can do the pony to (and why not?)
6. **high-speed garage rock.
7. ****sharp guitar chords, growling bass, downtempo and aggressive.
8. ***uptempo frug with a bit of spy movie and whammy bar.
9. **downtempo jerk that’ll get your go-go boots moving.
10. ***bass-heavy downtempo stroll – super cool.
11. ***a bit up tempo, totally danceable. You can do the swim or the jerk or just about anything to this.
12. **fast strut with psychedelic moments in the farfisa and guitar solo.
13. **slow and a bit bluesy with big farfisa and some fuzz, quite a bit of psychedelic feel.
|1.||Walk Around Them||7.||Work|
|2.||You're Really Something||8.||Shuffle|
|3.||Bulletproof Heart||9.||Black & Blue|
|4.||Secret Pocket||10.||Treat Him Good|
|5.||I'm The One||11.||Birthday Present|
|6.||Love Letter||12.||Give Em What They Want|