|Album:||Thin Line Between, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-12-14||Pull Date:||2009-02-15||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Feb 15||Feb 8|
|1.||Feb 11, 2009:||Baptism of Solitude
|2.||Feb 07, 2009:||Bloodstains Across Atherton-Sleep, What's That?
Technical/progressive melodic death metal from Canada. This is the bands 4th full-length and on this album they have a new singer and guitarist. This album is a bit more melodic and has less of a grindcore influence than past releases. Songs wind and twist through a bunch of riffs it all sounds good but I don't know how many of the tracks grabbed me. Nothing is super fast or slow and some of the guitar riffs are fresh sounding. Monotone vocals and somewhat weak drumming.
1. Busy and progressive. Vocals seem to hold the track back. Stop-n-go parts and guitar solo.
**2. Starts very melodic with somewhat clean guitar sounds. When the main riff kicks in it's a monster. Super heavy and simple not unlike GOJIRA. The song then twists through a number of riffs always returning to the main monster riff.
3. Ugh. I hate the pace of the opening riff. We get a metalcore scream, simple odd paced drums and a repeated riff. I don't think this works at all.
4. Heavier version of the last track. I'm starting to think the drummer is who is holding the group back. They do change speeds a lot on this track but everything else seems phoned in.
5. A bit thrashy and speedier. The track is the longest at over 8:30. They throw a lot of different sounds including a quiet clean guitar breakdown with spoken vocals.
**6. One of the fastest tracks. Simpler with repeated riffs. There is a simple big heavy riff in the middle of the track similar to the one on track 2.
**8. Faster riffs that are all over the place. More melody in the guitar while keeping it heavy. Vocals more in the background.
9. Seems more complex but still throws in some simpler moments. Again I'm not that into the vocals on this track.
10. Starts with vaguely classical guitar. Guitars are all over the place and seem to lead the track. There is a guest vocalist singing along with the other vocalist and he has more of a metalcore sounding voice.
So so stuff. -mph
|1.||Darkness Prevails||6.||Dreaming The End|
|5.||The Thin Line Between||10.||The All And The Nothing|