|Chiwoniso / Rebel Woman|
|Add Date:||2008-10-19||Pull Date:||2008-12-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Dec 21||Dec 14||Dec 7||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2|
|1.||Oct 01, 2019:||Global Ginga |
Listen To The Breeze
|4.||Apr 06, 2012:||Cacao! |
|2.||Mar 07, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Feb 20, 2012:||Afro Beats |
|3.||Feb 15, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Sep 11, 2010:||Music Casserole |
This Zimbabwean/American artist is a delicious female vocalist & songwriter who is backed by mbira, guitars, percussion, horns and other wonderful sounds. Her voice is soulful, soaring, warm, lyrical and powerful and the music is fresh and captivating. Everything is so good. This one is delicious!|
1. Warm and happy w/electric guitar, fun perc and soaring vocals.
2. Midtempo bounce w/cool percussion and good use of guitar.
3. Upbeat mbira, driving vocals, funky horns…damn!
4. Sweet, midtempo and joyful, opens w/vox & mbira, then picks up.
5. Relaxed w/vox, piano, perc, guitars, mbira. Wonderful.
6. Light and happy, in English. A distinct South African feeling.
7. Relaxed w/a hint of soul, great vocals, a cool sound.
8. Mid/upbeat w/a totally catchy sound. Warm and swaying.
9. Mbira & good vocal harmonies, simple but delightful.
10. Brassy intro do midtempo Afro pop. Light and breezy.
11. Sweet and relaxed w/a charming warmth & quiet power.
12. Mid and powerful, anthemic tribute to African women.
|4.||Nguva Ye Kufara||10.||Nerudo|
|5.||Kurima||11.||Only One World|
|6.||Listen To The Breeze||12.||Rebel Woman|