|Organissimo / Groovadelphia|
|Label:||Big O Records|
|Add Date:||2009-01-11||Pull Date:||2009-03-15||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||8 Mar||1 Mar||25 Jan|
|1.||Jan 23, 2016:||the pocket |
|4.||Jul 16, 2013:||Good Day Sunshine |
|2.||Jun 16, 2014:||Pumping Iron |
|5.||May 23, 2013:||Accidental Catharsis |
|3.||Dec 03, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
Third Right On The Left
|6.||Mar 27, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
(4 p.m.) Groovadelphia
Jazz trio. Organ, guitar, and drum; no vocals. Harmonica and keyboard make cameo appearances. FCC clean. Jazz/blues tracks are relatively groove-y. Slower tracks are ambient, kind of neo-soul; the band takes time getting to the melody. Overall sound is kind of like an opening act at a summer jazz festival; okay, but not ready for the main stage. Pick(s): 2, 3, 5, 8 |
1) Relatively funky at the start (brief drum solo before organ and guitar chime in).
2) Jumps to attention with a jazzy organ and drum opening. Falls into a latin rhythm for the rest of the song (still jazzy, though). Nice variations in the drumming at the end.
3) Blues/jazz. Inoffensive and has a beat you can dance to.
4) Slow, romantic, 'soul meets bossa nova.'
5) Ambient for 90ish seconds, then melody/rhythm appear. Nice contrast between funky and breezy elements in the middle. Some elements of the soundscape give kind of a 70s vibe.
6) Starts slow, but picks up. Organ and guitar solos. Some drama added by: swells in volume, unexpected stops, addition of higher-pitched sounds (toward the end).
7) Blues/jazz. Unhurried (though not slow). Guitar and organ solos.
8) Harmonica/guitar duet to start. Church-y organ sound. Jazzy guitar. Harmonica solo. Organ solo.
9) Slow, kind of 80s soul sound. Keyboard provides some contrast via high notes. Good for winding down.
|1.||Groovadelphia||5.||Danco De Alma|
|2.||Senor Buffet||6.||If Not Now, When?|
|3.||Third Right On The Left||7.||Bleecker|
|4.||Traces||8.||My Sweet Potato Pie|