|Various Artists / Desert Blues 3|
|Album:||Desert Blues 3||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Network Medien Gmbh|
|Add Date:||2008-10-12||Pull Date:||2008-12-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 27 Jul 19:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 12 Jul 16:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|2.||Sat, 23 Dec 17:||Eme O|
Music Casserole (Bliues Marathon)
|5.||Sat, 12 Mar 16:||Eme O|
|3.||Sat, 22 Apr 17:||Eme O|
|6.||Tue, 15 Dec 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio In Memoriam DOUGLAS TOMPKINS
Not sure why I bothered to review this one. Just put it in the CD and hit “play.” Or close your eyes and pick a track at random. Every track is sure to knock your socks off. Absolutely ass-kickingly fabulous. Sure to end up on “Best of” lists at the end of the year. Holy crap!|
1. Flamenco-inspired guitar, midtemo, then female vocals. Gorgeous!
2. Mid blues guitar & great male vocals. Plus harp & fem chorus.
3. Downtempo Arabic-flavored fem vox, gentle guitar. Really lovely.
4. Midtempo Rai w/throaty male vox that gets soaring and big.
5. Soaring male vox, elec guitar. Down/mid and melodic.
6. Midtempo & bouncy w/cool percussion. Totally catchy.
7. Lowdown guitar/soft vocals, lowkey tribute to Skip James.
8. Cool vocals, upbeat guitar/perc/harp. Wicked Afro blues.
9. Balaphone intro to bright flute, kora, bass meld. Midtempo.
10. Gorgeous fam vox, liquid sax. Slow and dreamy.
11. Flute, guitar and warm male vocals. Flowing & midtempo.
12. Cool midtempo blend of perc/strings/vocals. Sweeping.
13. Kronos Quartet & Rokia Traore. Enough said. Slow & haunting.
14. Midtempo blend of vocals, guitar, synth w/a Latin touch.
1. Slow solo trumpet, vocals like a religious chant. Haunting.
2. Beautiful kora/violin/bass/perc/vocal trac, starts slow, picks up.
3. Wicked good Afro-swamp guitar, midtempo w/chorus. Yow!
4. Slow & smooth guitar/harp duet. Down & dirty and so good.
5. Slow, ngoni (lute),guir/perc and great bluesy female vocals, drivin’
6. Ngonis & e-guitar plus great female chorus, downtempo & smooth.
7. Buzzing guitar & throaty male vocals. Midtempo & cool.
8. Sweet guitar & gorgeous female vocalist. Relaxed and sensual.
9. Slow/mid w/easy-pickin’ e-guitars and relaxed vocals.
10. Slow, haunting, gentle w/soaring fem vocals.
11. Midtempo, sweet male vocals, cool harp solo, kora.
12. Mid/up bounce w/great guitars and cool, drivin’ vocals.
13. Down/mid w/great blend of sax/guitars/perc. Gets squeaky.
14. Soaring fem vocals in a slow, dreamy landscape.