|Silian Rail / And I You, To Pieces|
|Album:||And I You, To Pieces||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-10-12||Pull Date:||2008-12-14|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct|
|1.||May 01, 2010:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|4.||Feb 14, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio: Jamboree Special |
Venice, Not The Wind, Not The Flag
|2.||Nov 21, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
The Number Of Miles From Here To Home
|5.||Feb 07, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|3.||Apr 25, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|6.||Jan 31, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
LOCAL San Francisco-based instrumental indie rock duo. They take pretty normal pop song structures but keep it instrumental, often with just interesting guitar and active drums. This sort of touches a lot of genres without being in any of them (post rock, indie rock, math rock, metal perhaps). I've enjoyed this album a lot. Recommended.|
My picks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 FCC: clean (no vocals)
1. med-fast. hyper drums. good guitar riffs.
2. short song of fast strummed guitar. leads into 3
3. med-fast. sort of a little of a darker song.
4. med-slow. more subdued than the previous songs, with slower and subtler builds and decays
5. med-slow. quite subdued electric piano and fairly active drums. nice tune.
6. starts slow and quite subdued and builds and speeds up a bit, especially towards the end. a little piano near the end as well.
7. mid-tempo. pretty straight-forward and pretty good. interesting guitar and drums. (also appeared on their tour EP that KZSU has)
8. med-slow. also on the tour EP. good guitar/ drum interaction.
9. fairly short. mid-tempo. glockenspiel in addition to guitar and drums. subdued feel, while still not sleepy. (another tour EP track)
10. long (8:25). starts with lilting glockenspiel. guitar and drums generally enter. perhaps the closest to "post rock" on the disc. builds and breakdowns. piano in the mix later. ends just glockenspiel.
|1.||Awake||6.||....Or The Northern Lights|
|2.||.||7.||Not The Wind, Not The Flag|
|3.||Tituba||8.||"I" Is Someone Else|
|5.||The Number Of Miles From Here To Home||10.||Venice|