|Tokumaru, Shugo / Exit|
|Add Date:||2008-12-21||Pull Date:||2009-02-22|
|Week Ending:||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan|
|1.||Sep 13, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Feb 10, 2009:||I once was Canadian |
|2.||Feb 15, 2012:||American Beauty |
|5.||Feb 09, 2009:||Gold Soundz |
|3.||Feb 17, 2009:||Presidents' Day Blowout |
|6.||Feb 06, 2009:||Emphysema For Emphasis |
Eclectic and at times disorienting pop out of Japan. Pop songs made up of disjointed loops, uncommon instrumentation and odd time signatures. Has some Beatles at times, but also has some straight up pop sensibilities like Jens Lekman. I'm not sure yet if this is good, but it certainly is very intriguing.|
My picks: 1, 2, 5, 8, 9 FCC: Clean (all Japanese vocals)
1. Rapid, jittery, tense guitar and bells with soothing vocals on top.
2. multiple looped, off-time accordion/ melodica parts + some hammered percussion. pretty disorienting in parts. goes into a smoother piano part later.
3. flutes, keyboards, and a bit of dissonance with a fairly strong beat.
4. instrumental. dissonant and a bit of a circus feel.
5. sloppy, chunk beat. growing keyboards. really sunshiney chorus.
6. med-slow. a bit of a country feel. double vocals, like a country kings of convenience.
7. fast, tense guitar with keys, flutes. a bit punky.
8. med-slow. slowly developing with guitar, keys, percussion. pretty. a bit of a beatles feel to it.
9. slow. marimba, theremin, banjo and keyboard, guitars later. builds into a
10. instrumental. starts slow, banjo rubato. goes into a med-fast banjo tune. fake ending with 0:35 left.
|4.||Future Umbrella||9.||La La Radio|