|Volcano! / Paperwork|
|Label:||The Leaf Label|
|Add Date:||2009-04-05||Pull Date:||2009-06-07|
|Week Ending:||Jun 7||May 17||May 3||Apr 12|
|1.||Jun 06, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|4.||May 10, 2009:||Death Row Radio: Mother's Day Special |
|2.||Jun 03, 2009:||KZSU's Heartbleeps (& Matthew Sperry) |
|5.||Apr 29, 2009:||KZSU's Heartbleeps |
|3.||May 16, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Apr 09, 2009:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow |
Noisy progressive pop/rock from Chicago trio. The band draws from free-jazz, electronica, and experimental rock. Singer has interesting vocal style; sounds alternately like Jeff Buckley and the dude from Muse. FCC track 2, 3.|
1) Driving guitar & drums, blown-out electronics, sings in Spanish at end.
2) * FCC Begins electronic ambience, then energetic mathy rock.
3) FCC Driving guitar, drums with lots of electronics. Last half is slow, sparse.
4) Their version of a ballad complete with sweeping noise, swelling synths.
5) Feverish; catchy hook. Some romantic crooning during synth breakdown.
6) * Slow start, builds through ~2min mark. Interesting guitar dissonance.
7) Guitar rocking & harsh electronic rhythms. Vocals about sugar/consumerism.
8) ** Slow, sweet tune sung in Spanish. A touch of dissonant noise for good measure.
9) 0:30 faint whistling, ambient noise
10) ** Percussive track – drums, percussive vocals. Nice background electronics.
11) Slower, plodding tune – last 1:15 of song turns frenetic.
|1.||Performance Evaluation Shuffle||6.||'78 Oil Crisis|
|2.||Africa Just Wants To Have Fun||7.||Sweet Tooth|
|3.||Tension Loop||8.||Astronomer's Ballan|
|5.||Slow Jam||10.||Kitchen Dance|