|Artist:||Amp Fiddler / Sly & Robbie||Added:||Oct 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-10-26||Pull Date:||2008-12-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Dec 21||Dec 14||Dec 7||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2|
|1.||Mar 02, 2019:||The Acupuncture Hour/Audio Ambrosia
|4.||May 14, 2015:||channel 0+i
|2.||Feb 15, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 30
|5.||Sep 11, 2014:||the sunset law review
|3.||Jan 04, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 24
|6.||Jul 04, 2013:||The Doldrummer
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/22/08
Soul/Funk/Reggae collaboration between a “Detroit Soul maverick” and the riddim section who needs no introduction. Only about three tracks are straight-up Reggae, although the album is self-designated as such, but many tracks have a one-drop drum pattern and strong island feel. Recorded in three days for a minty-fresh feel. Very soulful vocals, and of course the music is terrific.
No FCCs detected. All tracks good, I probly like 11 best.
1. 4:25 ***a bit downtempo and relaxed funky strut, vocals delivered in a glitchy style.
2. 4:12 **a bit uptempo, slightly jazzy, mildly funky, sweet vocal harmonies.
3. 3:38 ***midtempo syncopated bop, lush sound.
4. 4:31 **midtempo wiggly skank, rather stream-of-consciousness love song.
5. 4:33 ***very groovy funky riddim from Sly & Robbie, timely reworking of an older idea. Play before Election Day!
6. 4:34 ***uptempo funky reggae shuffle, religious lyrics.
7. 4:47 **slow and relaxed soul one-drop, love song.
8. 4:11 ***strong midtempo dancehall. Good sound.
9. 4:34 ***classic midtempo reggae bubble
10. 4:17 **odd, insecty electronics, then slinky downtempo skank.
11. 4:27 ****downtempo smooth jazzy funk, upful lyrics. LONG fade.
12. 3:55 ***fine midtempo skank with lots of groove, call for global stewardship.
|1.||Crazy Day||7.||I Believe In You|
|3.||I Fell On The Wagon||9.||Lonely|
|5.||Blackhouse (Paint The White House Black)||11.||Changes|
|6.||Be Alright||12.||This World|