|Various Artists / Esopus 11: Advice|
|Album:||Esopus 11: Advice||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-04-12||Pull Date:||2009-06-14|
|Week Ending:||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||3 May||26 Apr|
|1.||Jul 24, 2009:||Emphysema for Jesus |
|4.||May 28, 2009:||A2Z |
|2.||Jun 21, 2009:||scatterbrained orangeasm for emphasis |
|5.||May 23, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Spinning Us Around
|3.||Jun 03, 2009:||Slowcore Special |
|6.||May 01, 2009:||Emphysema For Emphasis |
Comp with tracks ranging from post-punk to folk to drone. This Esopus theme is advice: participants chose a piece of published advice and wrote a song about it. See promo material for descriptions of the advice chosen – there are some interesting ones (see male-on-male dino-dragon porn, #3). FCC clear. Try 1, 7, 8, 10.|
1) * (The Muslims) Post-punk with strong, dancy bass.
2) (Shearwater) Melodic male vocals, sparse acoustic instrumentation.
3) (Wye Oak) folk pop, fem vocal harmonies.
4) (Brazos) Piano & male vox.
5) (Faca) Electro-pop in Spanish.
6) (Nina Katchadourian) Singer-songwriter, husky fem vocals. Begins really faint.
7) * (Lucky Dragons) Fem-male back and forth vocals, percussive wind instruments & clapping loop.
8) * (Jenny Owen Youngs) Plucked ukulele, nice fem vox & lyrics
9) (The Wingdale Community Singers) harmonies (male), acoustic guitar.
10) * (Come Rad Comrade) Synth, drum machine, industrial touches & dramatic vocals.
11) (Stuart Dahlquist) Organ & faint drum drone. ~9:40 doom guitar & male vox enter.