|Miller, John / Stage Door Johnny|
|Album:||Stage Door Johnny||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-06-14||Pull Date:||2009-08-16|
|Week Ending:||9 Aug||5 Jul||28 Jun|
|1.||Fri, 27 Apr 18:||Be Sharp|
|4.||Thu, 06 Aug 09:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|2.||Mon, 22 Jul 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Thu, 02 Jul 09:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|3.||Thu, 20 Aug 09:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Thu, 25 Jun 09:||The Joker|
John Miller is a longtime Broadway player and on this album he tackles classic Broadway standards. Most are nice and mellow along with a couple funkier numbers. Many are with full orchestra. My pics are 4, 5 9 and 12. No FCC’s.|
1. (3:22) Slow/Mid. Acoustic guitar and drum stroll with some rag-timey piano and trombone.
2. (4:13) Slow/Mid. Very James Taylor-ish with harmonica and backing vocals, easy feel.
3. (4:14) Mid. Latin overtones, sings partly in Spanish. Cool trumpets near end with maracas and congas.
4. (4:39) Slow/Mid. Slow violin and accordion at start with guitar then tempo picks up, great backing vocals, especially at end.
5. (2:44) Mid/Fast. Strong drum beat, funky bass, organ, electric guitar. Really funktified.
6. (2:51) Mid. Trumpet intro with cool percussion and bass, gets into a poppy sound. Nice backing vocals.
7. (2:53) Mid. Portuguese lyric phrases, really has that French feel.
8. (3:19) Slow/Mid. Nice slow start with vocal, bass and violin, then keys and drums come in. Playful.
9. (4:24) Mid. Jazzy with horns and castanets. Female backing vocals, cool chime passages.
10.(2:37) Slow/Mid. Vocal, guitar, keys intro. Nice change with dobro.
11.(3:32) Mid. Female acapella intro. Male vocal comes in with strings. Nice and easy guitar, lots of orchestral instruments.
12. (2:43) Mid/Fast. Drum and funky bass intro. Really funky with an understated vocal. Cool horn change which brings in the orchestra.
|1.||Why Can't You Believe?||7.||Real Live Girl|
|2.||Wouldn't It Be Loverly?||8.||I Can't Say No|
|3.||Hey There||9.||Hernando's Hideaway|
|4.||Ol' Man River||10.||We Kiss In A Shadow|
|5.||I Won't Grow Up||11.||Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'|
|6.||Fugue For Tinhorns||12.||Secret Love|