|Diabate, Mamadou / Douga Mansa|
|Artist:||Diabate, Mamadou||Added:||Nov 2008|
|Label:||Harmonia Mundi Usa|
|Add Date:||2008-12-07||Pull Date:||2009-02-08||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25||Jan 18||Jan 11||Jan 4||Dec 21||Dec 14|
|1.||Feb 06, 2012:||Afro Beats |
|4.||Jun 12, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|2.||May 29, 2010:||The Value Machine |
|5.||Feb 06, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Bi Allah La Ke
|3.||Jan 18, 2010:||poetry in parlando |
|6.||Feb 03, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The kora virtuoso from Mali scores another hit with this lush, lyrical release. His playing is beyond expert…delivering an astonishing array of sounds from his instrument, making it sound like everything from a piano to a marimba. Joined by Djikorya Mory Kante on acoustic guitar. At least one star, each track. All instrumentals, both original compositions and variations on traditional tunes.|
1. Relaxed and elegant with an amazing variety of syncopated sounds.
2. Trilling, tripping, wonderfully light layers of strings.
3. Serene, midtempo, like an elegant court dance, yet bright & warm.
4. Sweet, midtempo with nicely fluid passages that merge well.
5. Starts mid/slow, gets into a gentle sway & slows again. Delicate.
6. A wonderful tour de force for his technique. Slow/mid & unadorned
7. Tripping strings and light bounce, a lively, spice-filled journey.
8. Slow/mid with a warm percussive bounce & sense of space.
9. Midtempo and lightly joyous, a warm and happy feeling.
10. Fast finger work, mid/upbeat and driving w/great sense of energy.
11. Midtempo folk bounce with a delicate touch and sweet melody.
12. Down/midtempo with a warm traditional sound and style.
|2.||Bi Allah La Ke||8.||Donsoke|
|3.||Douga Mansa||9.||Kora Mali|