Offbeat and strange, quirky. Zappa-like in places in that its got an irreverent silly approach plus a slight Mothers of Intervention production, sound and instrumentation. Pianos, guitars, standard instruments with little or no crazy effects. The weirdness is in the songs themselves. Devandra Banhardt and an all star cast of famous people had their hand in the producing, recording of this thing. Very strange, out there, cool, funny, thought provoking, undefinable for sure.
1) strange “love” feel and lyrics, cheesy and fucked up in the wrong/right way, dig it!
2) cheesy, kinda worldy feel backbeat music with silly voiceover, lyrics
3) pleasant upbeat folky rhythmic songlike singalong, eastern flavor 4) 60’s psyche pop rock feel
5) funny slightly funky epic 70’s pop somehow, catchy chorus
6) title track, slow piano and mindful soaring lyrics, tribal bongos give it a slight hippie feel
7) upbeat, brief
8) upbeat, really brief
9) upbeat swingy, with a mellow breakdown midway
11) “chicken titz” – I guess this is an FCC, slow waltzy slow dance hilarious
12) slow mellow piano/vocals, dark, explores drums and flutes etc toward the end, chill
13) chill with minimal beat, dark Devandra style vocals
14) toy guitar, simple minimal song