|Various Artists / 4 Women No Cry|
|Album:||4 Women No Cry||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-03-08||Pull Date:||2009-05-10|
|Week Ending:||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar|
|1.||Dec 11, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio PARIS COP TALK |
Unable To Display
|4.||Mar 22, 2009:||Music to Make Babies To |
Come To My Past
|2.||Nov 02, 2015:||Everything A to Z week 18 |
Unable To Display, Come To My Past
|5.||Mar 15, 2009:||Music to Make Babies To |
A Song To The Lilac Fairy, Minerals
|3.||Mar 25, 2009:||The Heart of KZSU |
The Blue Frog And The Green Fairy
|6.||Mar 10, 2009:||Reelin' in the Years |
Just Before My Thoughts
Electronic: pop, orchestral, experimental, indie. A Monika compilation presenting 4 more or less unknown female musicians from four different countries. Sound of Lucretia (Colombia, tracks 1-4) electronic pop; Manekinekod (Greece, tracks 5-10) compositions of city noises, etc, from video recordings; Julia Holter (Los Angeles, tracks 10-14) experimental pop, dreamy, indie; Liz Christine (Brazil, tracks 15-18) sound art; textured, dark ambience. No FCCs.|
1) Dark rhythm. Piano, drum machine, vocals. Background violin & bits of electronics.
2) Lighter, bright tone. Guitar, clapping counter rhythm & chimes, vocals in Spanish.
3)* Nice bass line, gentle vocals. Um, slowed down & emasculated Interpol.
4) Folk rock – unlike the other tracks here. Guitar with lots of reverb, brushed drums.
5)* Downbeat flowing instrumental piece, no vocals
6) Machine noise collage, occasional melody, whispered vocals.
7) Soundscape, a few sample vocals. Makes me thinking of looking out a train window.
8) Sampled vocals about life being a movie. Not so interesting.
9) Like #7, ambience that doesn’t go anywhere but creates a beautiful space.
10)* Interesting piece full of toy noise, strange rhythms & pixie vocals
11) More coherent piece, recalls Broadcast
12)* Great! E-folk with real heavy elements.
13) Beautiful organ-driven piece. Spoken lyrics about halfway through.
14)*Dramatic, mysterious & strange.
15) Industrial ambience ala Coil, Throbbing Gristle. Note: sheep vocals sampled.
16)* Very cinematic. Cool vocal effects.
17) Like #17, soundtrack for film – nice textures. Drops off into sparse cat and dog sounds with ~1min remaining.
18) Ambience with frog. Grows tense, then changes direction with ~1min remaining.