From Mali by way of the rest of the world. A beautiful singer /songwriter/guitarist joined here by guitars, lute, percussion, and human beat box. All originals except for a Gershwin classic and all wonderful. She uses her voice so well, soft and full of emotion. A hint of blues, a touch of pop, rooted in Africa. It’s hip, sophisticated and worldly.
1. Slow, fragile vocals, quiet guitar. Picks up, midtempo, bluesy.
2. Downtempo, coolly atmospheric w/a slow kind of pain.
3. Slow, gentle, hypnotic, like a water drop. Picks up, gets midtempo.
4. Starts slow then strings & perc kick in, very cool midtempo.
5. Gentle strings, soft vocals. A fragile, vulnerable sound.
6. Upbeat w/layers of vocals harmonizing & cool perc/strngs.
7. Stars w/voices, gets into a driving beat w/soaring vocals.
8. Relaxed guitar/vox lead into a hip down/midtempo Afro groove.
9. Gershwin goes to Africa. Classic ballad w/Afro-jazz flourishes.
10. Slow, warm & bright w/sweet percussion & a swaying feel.