|May, Dent & His Magnificent Ukulele / Good Feeling Music Of..., The|
|Album:||Good Feeling Music Of..., The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||May, Dent & His Magnificent Ukulele||Added:||01/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-03-15||Pull Date:||2009-05-17|
|Week Ending:||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar|
|1.||Sat, 07 Jul 18:||Katrina and Kayla|
|4.||Fri, 22 Jan 10:||Hervey Okkles (themed)|
Buford J. Sharkley's Enumeration of Restrictions
|2.||Fri, 24 Jan 14:||Francis D|
|5.||Wed, 08 Apr 09:||Red West|
The Heart of KZSU
|3.||Sat, 18 Jan 14:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|6.||Sat, 04 Apr 09:||Eme O|
Lounge-y pop comprised of primarily ukulele & crooner vocals with lots of harmonies. Ukulele, of course, provides that delicious je n’est ce tropicalia to these songs. May’s voice sounds alternately like Stephen Merritt and Morrissey. FCC clear. Try 2, 4, 7, 11, 12.|
1) Intro: “Welcome to my record…” vox & harmonies (0:59)
2) * Strummy romantic tune about a garden rendezvous. Opens with neat Gainsbourgesque blips.
3) Fun pop tune. “College town boy, get off your ass and do something.” (Magnetic Fields, anyone?)
4) * Upbeat. Some nice horn work & backup vocal shooby-dooby’s. Lyrics of European yearnings.
5) Country tune with ukulele.
6) Slow, rather sappy, melancholy tune. Awesome guitar solo ~3:00 in caught me off guard.
7) * Funny lyrics about parties, romance. A bit like Jonathan Richman.
8) This one has a bit of rhythm, thanks to bass and horns.
9) More quirky, clever lyrics in this pop song. A little bit like #7.
10) Playful, simple pop song
11) * Slower, sentimental tune. Lyrics read like discussion at an Alcoholics’ Anonymous mtg.
12) * Super saccharine love song. More good horns, and some nice falsetto.