|Moorcock, Michael & The Deep Fix / Entropy Tango & Gloriana Demo Sessions, The|
|Album:||Entropy Tango & Gloriana Demo Sessions, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Moorcock, Michael & The Deep Fix||Added:||01/2009|
|Label:||Noh Poetry Records|
|Add Date:||2009-12-27||Pull Date:||2010-02-28|
|Week Ending:||31 Jan||24 Jan|
|1.||Jan 29, 2010:||The Courtesy Flush - yakusa mama edition |
Mystical, Magnificent, Munificent And Wise
|3.||Jan 21, 2010:||Lyrics and Licks |
|2.||Jan 22, 2010:||The Courtesy Flush |
Michael Morecock & The Deep Fix|
The Entropy Tango
Low fi cuts from an unfinished oddball science fiction radio opera. Has a Tom Waits feel, and maintains the aesthetic found on old super hero records (a la MF Doom / RZA samples). These are demo tapes from unreleased album sessions by famed science fiction writer and figure Michael Morecock with songs based on two of his novels.
Try: 1, 7, 8, 17, 26, 29
1. (2:55) goofy cartoonish count chocula sings a delightful tango. Precious melody, quirky lyrics.
3. (2:58) dark Elliot-esque poetry reading over somber old school radio opera violin
4. (3:05) over sung over dramatic pity fest
6. (2:30) garbled calliope doozy
7. (3:00) eleanor rigby meets epic space drama.
8. (1:30) brilliant. Head scratcher lyrics to boot.
11. (7:11) explains this whole project . cool spoken word that might be interesting out of context.
15.(1:06) somber violin instrumental
17. (3:13) untraceable ethnic influence. Warm chimes sound beautiful in the dim low fi haze.
20. (1:30) violin time.
22. (1:37) Lawrence of Arabia thinking about something.
23. (3:29) Over sung sparse operatic drama.
25. (0:57) Pressing, impatient. Not jazz, but would go well with jazz.
26. (2:36) intro is an explanation about just how rough the cut is you’re about to hear, followed by a clangy acapella chorus. get your po-mo on and play this puppy.
28. (1:16) more talking about the project , this time by the artist.
29. (4:58) certainly wasn’t expecting them to bust out the electric guitar here. Kept on time with a hand clap (or is it a stomp?) cool psych shredding/noodling. Spoken intro.
30. (1:19) old school ghostly tribute to the queen