|Spasiuk, Chango / Pynandi|
|Label:||Harmonia Mundi Usa|
|Add Date:||2009-05-03||Pull Date:||2009-07-05||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May|
|1.||Apr 05, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jun 20, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Suite Nordeste (Parts 3 & 4)
|2.||Jul 03, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|5.||Jun 09, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jun 23, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Jun 05, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
The Argentinean accordionist/composer and his talented band take the folk music of their homeland and puts a modern spin on it. If your view of the accordion is some fat guy playing Beer Barrel Polka, open your mind and crank this up. It’s fresh, playful, sexy, unexpected, and so well done. Mostly instrumentals. Play it all.|
1. Upbeat and cheerful but w/a bit of an edge as well.
2. Slow and dramatic then upbeat and driving.
3. Bright, quirkily sweeping almost cinematic and so lovely.
4. Slow cello, fiddle almost classical gets fast & folksy.
5. Slow, dramatic with delicate guitar passage. Gorgeous.
6. Mid/downtempo w/a tango influence and a sad darkness.
7. Swinging midtempo with a light touch and a sound like whales.
8. Rich down/midtempo w/male vocals. So pretty.
9. Bouncy, midtempo but sweet w/warm guitar.
10. Short, sweet midtempo folk dance. Sigh…
11. Bright & fast w/a happy carousel sound. Wonderfully played.
12. Relaxed, sweet guitar/accordion blend. Gentle & light.
13. Midtempo w/a bal musette feel at first.
14. Shakers lead into bright, happy dance. Sweet!
15. Tripping fast w/some good solos & lush melody.