|Broken Spindles / Kiss/Kick|
|Artist:||Broken Spindles||Added:||Mar 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-04-12||Pull Date:||2009-06-14|
|Week Ending:||May 24||May 17||Apr 26||Apr 19|
|1.||May 05, 2010:||Brownian Values |
You're Happy But Not For Long
|4.||Apr 25, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|2.||May 20, 2009:||Signal to Vroom |
The Moist Red Mess
|5.||Apr 14, 2009:||Tomayto and tomahto |
|3.||May 16, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio |
Good blend of no wavey electronics, post-punk & pop. Different from previous Broken Spindles releases - promo material calls this a “no eyeliner” record – but there are still shadows of new wave here. Hushed male vocals & stripped down guitar, synths, drums. These guys put on a good show at Scatterbrain Jamboree 09. Try 1, 2, 6. No FCCs.|
1) * Restrained, introspective. I really like the guitar on this one.
2) * Electro pop – fun, noisy.
3) Slower, steady track. Strong bass line, chirpy synths, nice percussion.
4) Catchy new wave-y shuffle.
5) Sounds like a darker Death Cab for Cutie. Overly produced.
6) * Lighter track – strummy guitar, heavy electronic highlights.
7) Dark bass line, kinda funky drums & slightly screwy hook.
8) * Faster, post-punky.
9) Sparse - guitar distortion, plucked string melody
10) Cowbell (or something like it) maintaining a slow pace. Vocal effects. Shifty, dark electronics in background.
|1.||I've Never Been This Afraid||6.||We All Want To Fit In|
|2.||Introvert||7.||In The Dark|
|3.||No Mind Knows Mine||8.||Figure Face Pretty Boy|
|4.||The Moist Red Mess||9.||You're Happy But Not For Long|
|5.||A Beat Down Break Up||10.||The Talk|