|Mt St Helen's Vietnam Band / Mt St Helen's Vietnam Band|
|Album:||Mt St Helen's Vietnam Band||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Mt St Helen's Vietnam Band||Added:||03/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-05-10||Pull Date:||2009-07-12|
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May|
|1.||Jun 13, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Albatross, Albatross, Albatross
|4.||May 24, 2009:||Aural Sex |
|2.||May 31, 2009:||Aural Sex |
|5.||May 20, 2009:||KZSU's Heartbleeps |
A Year Or Two
|3.||May 26, 2009:||Indie Flavored Kool-Aid |
|6.||May 19, 2009:||Indie-Flavored Kool-Aid |
|Walter E. Gough|
The first full-length from this Seattle-based buzz band is full cacophonous, fun, and vibrant music. Power chords fueled electric guitars, singing in unison and keys make up the group’s sound. The songs build to crescendos, give way to softer moments, and feature dueling guitars and/or sting movements.|
Fun facts: Lead singer guitarist Benjamin Verdoes is married to keyboardist Traci Eggleston and is brother to drummer Marshall Verdoes who is just 14 years old.
1. (2:52) Harmonized ooohs and chunky power chords and heavy rhythm.
**2. (4:01) Buzzing punk rock breaks down into a carnival-esque polka chorus accentuated by crashing symbols ending with singing over handclaps and tambourine rasps.
3. (3:17) Jointly sung vocals over staccato drumbeats segue into melodious guitars.
4. (2:50) Spiraling guitar lines oscillate with softer moments of sweetly sung choruses.
5. (3:08) Rollicking start-stop punk rock adventure song with quiet interludes.
6. (4:14) Picked guitar intro with delicate solo vocal punctuated by burst of drums and organ and full-blown crescendo.
**7. (5:21) Electro organ and double-kick drum intro then buzzing guitar and belted vocals.
8. (2:30) Crunchy guitar lines and heavy drums give way to a chorus sung in the round over soft guitars.
* 9. (2:25) Punchy number with catchy, urgent chorus and fancy fretwork on guitar.
10. (3:37) Dueling guitar shredding and fierce vocals melt into soft strumming and gypsy strings and group chanting, and then resume the firepower.
11. (7:05) Soft, slow intro with delicate vocals welcome strings and more harmonized ooohs.
|1.||Who's Asking||6.||A Year Or Two|
|2.||Masquerade||7.||Albatross, Albatross, Albatross|
|3.||Cheer For Fate||8.||Dull Reason|
|4.||Anchors Dropped||9.||Little Red Shoes|
|5.||Going On A Hunt||10.||En Fuego|
|11.||On The Collar|