|Aceyalone / & The Lonely Ones|
|Album:||& The Lonely Ones||Collection:||Hip-hop|
|Add Date:||2009-04-19||Pull Date:||2009-06-21||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May|
|1.||Aug 31, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Sep 28, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Sep 10, 2016:||Music Casserole |
2 The Top
|5.||Aug 11, 2013:||New World Disorder |
2 The Top
|3.||Aug 10, 2015:||Everything A to Z Week 06 |
2 The Top
|6.||Jun 09, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Power To The People
Aceyalone goes old school, visiting every soul/funk/hip hop era from the 40’s to the 80’s. The band is solid as hell, there are great backing vocals, and the lyrics cut right to the meat. Smokin’! It’s WAY too short of a record – I like it far and away the best of anything he’s done yet.|
Single FCC on track 9, which is a damn shame, because it’s GREAT.
Roll with any track except the intro. Even the outro doo-wop track is cool.
1. 1:30 live concert intro with soul funk groove, intro the band.
2. 3:23 ***rock ‘n’ soul bop, spoken vocals, female backing, very 60’s, until the hip hop vocals – fun stuff.
3. 3:34 ***bit of applause, then 70’s uptempo funk, fun interaction of various vocals. Great dance number, as well.
4. 2:32 ***Motown sound with just a bit of extra bounce, dual hip hop vocals and singing.
5. 2:32 **very uptempo 80’s old school hip hop, hyperspeed rap.
6. 2:50 **midtempo Motown sound, cute girl group switched up with seductive male rap. I think she scared him by the end… Fun stuff.
7. 3:07 ****hambone! With modernized lyrics, funky groove. Killer!
8. 2:59 ***this might be more Philly soul, falsetto singing and rap about work.
9. 3:00 FCC: “fuck with me” ****oh yay! Now we’re solidly in the 70’s, with Black Panther attitude.
10. 3:01 ***applause, then count off, then rock ‘n’ soul bop. Fades out into talking.
11. 1:20 *walking, talking, then a cappella falsetto doo wop version of track 2. Street sounds at end.
|1.||Live At The Firehouse Intro||6.||Step Up|
|2.||Lonely Ones||7.||2 The Top|
|3.||Can't Hold Back||8.||Workin' Man's Blues|
|4.||What It Was||9.||Power To The People|
|5.||On The One||10.||Push N' Pull|