|Artist Of The Year / Wreck In Discotheque|
|Album:||Wreck In Discotheque||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Artist Of The Year||Added:||04/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-04-26||Pull Date:||2009-06-28||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||21 Jun||17 May|
|1.||Jun 14, 2009:||The Twilight Zone |
|3.||May 13, 2009:||KZSU's Heartbleeps |
In My Room
|2.||May 16, 2009:||Lost and Found |
It Is Time For Le Party
|4.||May 12, 2009:||408's Finest |
Artist of the Year – Wreck in Discoteque|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 4/15/09
Electronic funk from Montreal. Heavy on the farts and squeeeps, but the beats are good. At their best, they seem to be taking a page from the Pinkertones manual, but I found it so farty it was hard to listen all the way through.
FCCs all over track 7. I like track 1 best, then 2, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12.
1. 2:45 ****slow boingy funk. Gnarly bottom end, if you know what I mean, and I think you do. Switches to groovy mellow beat with “mmmm”s.
2. 3:09 ***processed vocals switching channels, midtempo blatty funk with percussion that scratches the inside of your brain case.
3. 3:49 **fast scratchy guitar sounds and claps, jungle beat. Builds in noisiness, ends with harmonica.
4. 3:43 **midtempo electronic grunts, old school funk beat with just a hint of video game. Might be just a tad TOO farty…
5. 3:22 ***very jolly midtempo disco-funk. Stops for electronic screaming.
6. 3:12 ***midtempo 4/4 with complicated farting.
7. 1:56 FCC: “FUCK” many times. *weird… human talking, and acoustic guitar. Very strange, after all the farting! Quite sweet, midtempo, samba-jazzy. Falsetto, quite obscene vocals.
8. 2:01 ***uptempo cool beat, squeeps and “aaa aaa a-a” vocals. Kinda sorta lounge-y.
9. 3:14 **uptempo, glitchy, all on the high end. A few seconds of silence, then uptempo funk with more bass, but still rather restrained. Glitchy farts get more aggressive.
10. 4:15 ***uptempo, all percussion, quite complex. Adds instruments prettily, until the farting starts. Still, the beat is quite nice.
11. 3:28 **midtempo farty disco beat. Some chant about groupies. Grotty!
12. 4:02 ***midtempo funk with whoops (and farts). Whee! Uh oh. There’s a monster on the dance floor. I hate that!
13. 1:17 **hand claps and falsetto vocals, a bit of funk guitar. Goofy and cute.
14. 16:49 (starts with spoken “oh Jesus…”) ***midtempo laid-back soul-funk with keyboards. And fairly painful farts. Silence from about 3:33 to 13:14, then glitchy uptempo insects. Metallic processed speaking (in French, I think) and laughter… Huh. Swingy stuff for last minute or so.
|2.||It Is Time For Le Party||9.||You Gave Me A Stroke On The Dancefloor|
|4.||It Ain't Tight Enuff||11.||Lead Swinger|
|5.||If It Ain't Dirty It Ain't Fun||12.||Fun Factor|
|6.||Big Night||13.||In My Room|
|7.||Sorry Honey||14.||Le Love|