|Handsome Family, The / Honey Moon|
|Artist:||Handsome Family, The||Added:||04/2009|
|Label:||Carrot Top Records|
|Add Date:||2009-06-21||Pull Date:||2009-08-23|
|Week Ending:||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 08 Aug 09:||Eme O|
|4.||Thu, 23 Jul 09:||gabriel a mcclelland|
The Gabriel McClelland Show with Gabriel McClelland
|2.||Wed, 29 Jul 09:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|5.||Thu, 16 Jul 09:||ric thomas|
in the groove
|3.||Thu, 23 Jul 09:||Frank Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|6.||Sun, 12 Jul 09:||Bruce|
Sunny Side Up
Country sounds from a husband/wife duo. Guitars (including a classical guitar on last song), lap steel, dobro, drums, organ, etc. Songs are packed with nature references and love. (The album celebrates the couple’s 20th anniversary.) I like them all, start with 1, 2, 6, 9, 12. No FCC’s.|
1. (3:34) Slow. Haunting lyrics within a somber musical framework of guitar, lap steel, drums. Throwback to pop vocalist stylings.
2. (3:09) Mid. Pedal steel and drums prominent on this neat little ditty about nature’s creatures.
3. (4:56) Slow. Slow and deliberate vocal delivery, Nice organ work, very understated instruments.
4. (3:12) Mid. Banjo, guitar and lap steel are a perfect backdrop for the harmonies on this song. Really romantic, but not overly so.
5. (3:44) Slow/Mid. Cool and hip beat with some whistling amidst a fairly over-the-top vocal delivery at times. Kitchy and cool.
6. (3:38) Slow. Almost a marching band drum beat, some good guitar work and a relaxed vocal delivery.
7. (3:41) Mid. Excellent guitar, drums, backing vocals. The vocals are, again, very deliberate and exacting. Fades out. Really nice song.
8. (3:22) Slow/Mid. Trippy background organ, lap steel, brushes on drums. Kind of a psychedelic vocal and sound.
9. (4:11) Slow/Mid. Romantic song about the petrified forest and love. Female backing vocals.
10. (3:11) Mid. Cool beat, a bit reminiscent musically and vocally of REM. Female backing vocal. Great minimal percussion effects. Guitar solo. Bleeds into…
11. (3:39) Slow/Mid. Echoey mic effects in front of an understated, slow beat. A bit more whistling
12. (4:35) Slow/Mid. Nice guitar, female backing vocals and a really well-played classical guitar. Fades out.
|1.||Linger, Let Me Linger||7.||A Thousand Diamond Rings|
|2.||Little Sparrows||8.||Love Is Like|
|3.||My Friend||9.||The Petrified Forest|
|4.||When You Whispered||10.||Wild Wood|
|5.||The Loneliness Of Magnets||11.||Darling, My Darling|
|6.||June Bugs||12.||The Winding Corn Maze|