|Papercuts / You Can Have What You Want|
|Album:||You Can Have What You Want||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-06-07||Pull Date:||2009-08-09|
|Week Ending:||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun|
|1.||Fri, 16 Sep 16:||Francis D|
|4.||Fri, 12 Jul 13:||Francis D|
|2.||Fri, 24 Jul 15:||Francis D|
|5.||Fri, 31 May 13:||dj noname|
the mystery hour
|3.||Wed, 17 Jul 13:||DJ Cat|
Beach Blanket Bingo
|6.||Sun, 27 May 12:||Hillstreet|
feelin' the music
Indie pop melancholy with a bit of a shoegazey vibe. Glowing Hammond organ, chugging bass & the lilting male vocals make this album satisfyingly cohesive. It’s the latest from local musician Jason Quever, who’s worked with Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Vetiver, Beach House & others. The whole thing is listenable, enjoyable & catchy. FCC clean. Try 7, 2, 8, 10.|
1) Organ & bass backbone,
2) * Catchy rhythm, 60s pop style.
3) Slow, kinda tense. Drum & organ jam at end of track is particularly good.
4) Slow start, grows into bright repetition w/ nice harmonies.
5) Drums, bass, droning vocals harmonies in background. Soft opening (~30 secs).
6) Another poppy one, more restrained though.
7) ** Good track! Nice orchestration, BIG reverb on bass & drums.
8) * Title track: pretty, gentle, sounds a bit like Beach House stuff.
9) * Gentle, whispery
10) Muted pop tune
|1.||Once We Walked In The Sunlight||6.||Dead Love|
|2.||A Dictator's Lament||7.||Future Primitive|
|3.||The Machine Will Tell Us So||8.||You Can Have What You Want|
|4.||A Peculiar Hallelujah||9.||The Void|
|5.||Jet Plane||10.||The Wolf|