Local band, possibly the best local band with respect to taking things on new yet old but making it completely enjoyable and listenable and truly novel (while other local bands tend to plunder the “hip” almost to a fault). Its really just vocs guitar bass organ and drums when you check it out. Close your eyes and after the stoned feeling passes you think: Krautrock? Psyche? Huh? And if you experience them live your ears will ring but it’s the ring of happiness. Check this shit out and tell your mom.
1) upbeat driving, at first it sounds like retro throwback garage psyche but it is repetitive and hypnotic enough to drop the garage part and take on Suicide-ish vocal quality
2) a near-dance beat with a hooky melodic looped bassline and cool noisey guitar improv and swirling keys, super cool
3) upbeat almost a playful rhythm-beat, trippy feel, I love this because its long and stays fun and good and I realize I don’t want it to end, just like… well, will I get kicked off noise or out of kzsu if I dare to say: “fucking great sex!”? music to make babies to, 11 minutes long, not “too” short, maybe not long enough but a good compromise, nice noise ending
4) you could dance til you fuck to this beat, god this is the BEST cd we’ve had in a LONG time!!
5) a nice driving fun beat with organ and the whole thing just goes and goes! 11 minutes and the simple organ and ant-melody keeps on keeping on