|Watson, Patrick / Wooden Arms|
|Label:||Secret City Records|
|Add Date:||2009-06-28||Pull Date:||2009-08-30|
|Week Ending:||30 Aug||23 Aug||16 Aug||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul|
|1.||Tue, 10 Jan 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
|4.||Sat, 15 Aug 09:||Big D|
Sleepover at Grandma's
|2.||Sat, 29 Aug 09:||Big D|
Party at Grandma's
|5.||Tue, 11 Aug 09:||DJ Truc|
|3.||Thu, 20 Aug 09:||DJ DK|
|6.||Sat, 08 Aug 09:||Techno Week|
Techno Week 2009
Patrick Watson - Wooden Arms|
Pretty chill indie pop album but not overly sweet. Blends baroque pop with ambient. No FCC's detected. Reviewed by Truc Nguyen
1. 3:36 Dissonance and feedback interlaced with breathy female vocals. 0:56 changes to a simple acoustic melody with male vocals.
2. 3:48 Unpolished percussion throughout with orchestra instruments at time. Haunting at times.
3.** 4:07 Fluttery sounding violins start off the track with a piano melody and vocals. Pretty bad-ass drums and percussion 2:30-3:08.
4. 3:08 Simple beginning with slight plucking and lethargic vocals. Bittersweet piano with pots and pans and banjo strumming.
5. 2:04 Piano and strings compliment each other well in a nice instrumental interlude.
6. 3:42 Reverby background noise with consistent drumming and twangy guitars. Becomes more playful and upbeat at 1:26. Some weird layering here.
7.*** 4:04 A very sweet (and very much in the vein of folk-rock/pop) song. Female accompaniment. You could play this right after 'Jailbird' from the M. Ward's Hold Time.
8. 5:18 Chaotic mess of distortion, banging on pots, piano and pulsating bass. 3:01 fake ending. More of the same then ends with some harp.
9. 4:12 Simple sweet song, showcases his crooning voice.
10. 3:53 Unmemorable but pleasant.
11. 7:26 Noisy mess, moves into consistent plucking (?) sound with percussive beats. Features bird calls fake ending at 5:20, reemerges as more layering of instruments fade out.
|2.||Tracy's Waters||7.||Big Bird In A Small Cage|
|3.||Beijing||8.||Down At The Beach|
|4.||Wooden Arms||9.||Moan Like You|
|5.||Hommage||10.||Where The Wild Things Are|
|11.||Machinery Of The Heavens|