Q: What if Kevin Shields hadn’t been killed on the last space shuttle launch? Q: Whats better than Nadja? Whats better than My Bloody Valentine, Codiene, Swans, Slayer, The Cure, et al.? How about a CD with Nadja doing incredible covers of all their songs. That’s what you’ve got here. If this synopsis isn’t enough to lure you into playing this on the air then go back to your pre-recorded familiar programming, as you might possibly not “get it” at kzsu. All songs desnse with fuzz, slow and mindful and the predecessor to suicide. Very different for Nadja.
1) MBV’s “Only Shallow”, only on better narcotics, holy fucking shit!!
2) Codeine: slowed and drugged out, fuzzy and beautiful
3) unrecognizable as Swans, and that’s a good thing , slow and drugged
4) Slayer: another doomy but pretty piece
5) A. ha.:melodic, song-like with chorus/versus feel
6) Elliiot Smith: slow kinda 90’s industrial goth feel, ES rocking and rolling in his grave!
7) Kid in the Hall: slow head bob to this, nice feel, almost indie rock for ya’
8) The Cure’s “Fiath”, arguably his best song. Yes a major undertaking (pun intended). ust fucking beautiful