|Catwalk / Catwalk|
|Add Date:||2009-09-27||Pull Date:||2009-11-29|
|Week Ending:||4 Oct|
|1.||Oct 02, 2009:||Hipster Garbage |
|3.||Oct 01, 2009:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow |
Throw It All Away
|2.||Oct 02, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
Catwalk – Catwalk|
These guys are a SoCal garage rock/pop band and they sound like it. It’s nothing new or earth-shattering and they sound pretty rough around the edges and lo-fi, but overall, pretty good music. With more production this could be in Pitchfork’s Best New Music (probably to their chagrin). No FCC’s.
1. (4:33) Fuzzy guitars, laid-back lo-fi beach band sounding vocals with tambourine.
2. (2:40) Mellow, slower track with repetitive chords, more like an extension of track 1.
3. (4:44)** More headbobbing poppy dynamic sound with layered guitars, probably would go well with Mister Loveless in the A-File.
4. (3:39) Fast-paced bass driven power pop. This sounds like it could be in the soundtrack to a cheesy ‘90s movie.
5. (3:15) Slower track with prominent piano melody and slow, sloppy vocals.
6. (3:07)*** Upbeat catchy guitar riff. Really beachy sounding song and at times they sound like, dare I say it, The Cure.
|1.||Into The Twilight||4.||Throw It All Away|
|2.||Permanent||5.||They Let Me Down|
|3.||On The Cracked Pavement||6.||Deja Vu|