The Crystal Method “Divided by Night”
Big Beat electronic music pioneers stick to their winning recipe in this star-studded album (spots by Matisyahu, Emily Haines, Jason Lytle…). Lots of gritty, chunky chords and ‘90s distorted man-robot vox. If you want to inject some pep into your set, the Crystal Method’s still got you covered – just don’t expect anything earth shaking.
No FCCs Start with 3, 2, 8 email@example.com
1) mid tempo, repetitive computer vox slows down but resumes w/ :45s left
2) *space odyssey with bass; New Order bassist guest spots & you can sense it
3) *** Grinding electro meets a chanting Matisyahu. Not perfect but hell yes anyway!
4) *Bitchin vox from She Wants Revenge singer Justin Warfield + driving synth
5) *no vox, driving 90s rave stuff you’ve heard before; still good for an energy shot
6) good opening beats get swamped by trite rap “In the club the line is long/ about as long as my dingly dong”; Good for laughs
7) Sirens, bleeps, grungy, general cacophony + power chords; very chaotic
8) * Emily Haines’ wispy vox are a welcome change from robot man; lots of bells & synth don’t drown her out “gonna hold my breath til you come back clean”
9) * Granddaddy’s Jason Lytle adds soft nerdy vox to a testosterone charged beat
10) Song is called “black rainbows” but vox sound like a chipper Vitamin C song
11) Choppy and gritty. Loads of grinding synth & power chords
12) Meiko guests & SLOWS this track down; plaintive guitar w/ clappy percussion