|Album:||Phenomenal Handclap Band, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Phenomenal Handclap Band, The||Added:||Jul 2009|
|Label:||Friendly Fire Recordings|
|Add Date:||2009-10-25||Pull Date:||2009-12-27|
|Week Ending:||Nov 29||Nov 15||Nov 8||Nov 1|
|1.||Jun 16, 2011:||Fontana Uganda Astoria
15 To 20
|4.||Nov 13, 2009:||The Songsmith Show
Give It A Rest
|2.||Jun 06, 2011:||The Lunch Special - Allen Thayer, Assistant Director of the Public Management Pr
|5.||Nov 12, 2009:||in the groove
|3.||Nov 28, 2009:||Music Casserole
|6.||Nov 11, 2009:||Total Pops Madness (sub)
15 To 20
try: 6, 3, 1, 9
*1. disco. kicks off like a downtempo pink floyd song and promptly gets funky. way to rock the moog, guys. no vocals.
2. fast. male vox. insistent, repeated single-note 70s synth + tight hi-hat. big bass. bleeds into next track, but can fade at :20 to end.
*3. soft/slow opener. vocals somewhere between MGMT and pulp. chill, laid back beat. electric fills, great organ-effect keys-as-percussion sound. at end, appears to sample (i think it’s just the riff) salt n pepa’s “whatta man”. wow.
4. a genre-mixer. high female/falsetto vocals and low bluesy/soul male vocals. the lead riff almost apes smoke on the water. FADE OUT :45 to end.
5. cheesy, thumpin laser/space-effect disco/electro and high femme vocals. oh right, i already mentioned the scissor sisters. somewhat repetitive, but.
*6. yeah, that’s lady tigra. soft start (till :06). jumprope rap over a chill backbeat. groovy!
7. sassy strutty glam funk. any track with awooga effects has my vote. fade out ~40 seconds to end, unless you like the sound effect of something burning.
8. chill bongo beat + high funk keys + solo electric. repetitive, pop/melodic vocal line.
*9. boomy bass + deep drums = kinda grandiose start, then lays into classic rock riff + falsetto vocals + backing ‘ah’s. acid? definitely involved. early fade around :40 or play to end for an acapella outro.
10. dirty groove, almost alt-country washboard-band sound. soul-punch female vocals. solo flute, banjo, violin (?), road movie drums.
11. laid back soul. big staccato plodder brass. airy r&b falsetto. trills and blats.
12. minor and discordant. clonker piano and doomscape video game keys. jagged descending runs a la rush... then harpsichord (?) and poppier pink floyd vocals. groovy still, but not too fast. a nice long proggy exercise. can fade out after :30, or let it run. noise abruptly stops at :08 to end.
|1.||The Journey To Serra Da Estrela||7.||Dim The Lights|
|2.||All Of The Above||8.||I Been Born Again|
|4.||Give It A Rest||10.||Tears|
|6.||15 To 20||12.||The Circle Is Broken|