|Djabate, Kimi / Karam|
|Artist:||Djabate, Kimi||Added:||Aug 2009|
|Add Date:||2010-01-10||Pull Date:||2010-03-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 28||Feb 21||Feb 14||Jan 31||Jan 24||Jan 17|
|1.||Aug 29, 2019:||Global Ginga with Kim |
|4.||Mar 03, 2010:||public noize racket |
|2.||Jun 04, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
|5.||Mar 02, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Mar 09, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Feb 23, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
From Guidea=Nissau. A balafon (African xylophone) playercomposer and singer. Touches of world influence at times add spice to the gentle sounds of the balafon and his rich, warm, evocative voice. Gorgeous, all of it.|
1. Relaxed and beautiful w/sweet vocals and cool use of horns.
2. Mid/upbeat w/sweet vocal harmonies and great playing throughout.
3. Warm and swaying w/a gentle swing and playful spirit.
4. Guitar and balafon blend well on this upbeat and bright track.
5. Spoken word into a relaxed sound w/great vocals. Beautiful vocals.
6. Upbeat and driving w/warm energy and rich layers.
7. Slow & haunting w/ a gentle warmth. Lovely.
8. Relaxed w/good use of chorus and a swaying feel.
9. Bright & happy midtempo sway w/a sunny day warmth.
10. Downtempo but insistent w/an Arabic touch.
11. Spoken word & solo guitar, gorgeously evocative & dramatic.
12. Sweet & deceptively simple. Great midtempo balafon.
13. Midtempo and driving w/sweet layers of playing.
14. Whistling leads to an upbeat sway w/intricate arrangement.
15. Upbeat playing & vocals, a strong, driving beat. So cool.