“Freak Folk”. Simple guitar, pump organ, tambourine, acoustic living room sounding instruments. Low-fi feel but well recorded (that’s the diff). Vocals are very distant, echoey/reverby, female heavy. Very British, very reminiscent of what Nikki Sudden was into after the Swell Maps and until his death a few years ago. “Neo-traditional psyche-folk”? I dunno. But its good.
1) quiet fade-in to strummy psyche folk
2) sound of old typewriter underneath the start to folk
3) very minimal feel w/ just guitar and vocs
4) basic folkie song
5) some bowed cello joins the strumminess
6) bells and organ make pretty w/ harpsichord, instrumental, very minimal for the last minute