|Various Artists / Dub Mission's 13th Anniversary Compilation|
|Album:||Dub Mission's 13th Anniversary Compilation||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2009-09-06||Pull Date:||2009-11-08||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Nov||25 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep|
|1.||Mon, 15 Apr 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC)
|4.||Sat, 24 Oct 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|2.||Thu, 02 Sep 10:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Sat, 10 Oct 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|3.||Sat, 31 Oct 09:||Sadie O.|
Disorder de los Muertos
|6.||Mon, 05 Oct 09:||Ranger Rick|
Palo Alto City Council Meeting
Dub Mission’s 13th Anniversary Sampler|
Roots Reggae from artists at the 13th Anniversary show of the local dub club favorite. First 7 tracks are all over the Binghi Riddim by Twilight Circus. Last 5 tracks feature producer Yossi Fine of Ex Centric Sound System. These are particularly worth checking out, IMO.
No FCCs detected.
1. 3:34 ***riddim is midtempo roots skank with a bit of syndrum, a little dubby. Vocals on this one are lovely tenor singing.
2. 3:50 ***roots DJ vocals. Praise of pot.
3. 3:28 **drums and crazed Jamaican yelling intro, then same riddim and demented dancehall vocals.
4. 4:18 **Mykal Rose’s inimitable singing, seems rather stream of consciousness.
5. 3:03 ***pretty vocal harmonies, relaxed groove.
6. 3:19 **more pretty harmonies, nice but a bit bland.
7. 3:52 ***Jamaican chatting intro, distinctive dancehall vocals.
8. 3:04 ****fun electronic chiming dancehall skank with enjoyable dancehall vocals.
9. 4:57 ****downtempo rootsy skank, great bounce. Elements of the original African strings and vocals. Gets delightfully dubby in second half.
10. 3:51 *****great midtempo jungle riddim, dancehall vocals.
11. 3:50 ****starts with dancehall preaching, then very slow electronic shuffle – takes a while to build up fully, but pretty groovy when it gets there.