|Circulatory System / Signal Morning|
|Add Date:||2009-10-18||Pull Date:||2009-12-20|
|Week Ending:||13 Dec||29 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct|
|1.||Aug 13, 2016:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Woodpecker Greeting Worker Ant
|4.||Nov 08, 2009:||THE HELLAFLASHBANG SHOW |
Round Again, Overjoyed
|2.||Dec 12, 2009:||On The Warpath |
|5.||Nov 06, 2009:||Hipster Garbage |
|3.||Nov 28, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Nov 05, 2009:||A2Z |
Experimental, psychedelic, lo-fi rock. Circulatory System was formed from members of the Olivia Tremor Control, and other members of the Elephant 6 Collective. This probably explains why it sounds EXACTLY like the Olivia Tremor Control: messy, lots of fuzz distortion, random sound effects, and hazy vocals. There are lots of great ideas on this album, and it is novel in its bold experimentation. Give it a try. |
Best Tracks: 6, 9, 17, 10, 14, 4
1. Fuzzy drum beat, weird tingly songs, vocals at very end of song
2. Stuttering guitar, bells, and surfer guitar with fuzzy vocals
3. Rock song with experimental noise intermission halfway through. Excellent churchbells and cello bits.
4. Oriental instruments, gentle bells, soft vocals.
5. One minute of strange, extended, high-pitched tones.
6. String introduction to galloping, thick, fuzzy beat.
7. Blaring introduction into a very gentle electronic song.
8. Possibly the best 23 second song ever: lots of gentle horns, strings, clear vocals.
9. Fuzzy pop song with great vibes and interesting, varied rhythms.
10. Gentle ballad with slow guitar plucking in background
11. Spazzy noise rock
12. String instruments paired with symphony-style brass and layered vocals.
13. Very slow collage of random sound effects and echo-ey vocals.
14. Keyboard tinkering, loud, noisy beats, and soft, distorted vocals.
15. Very wavering, unsteady electronics, steady beat, pained vocals.
16. Gentle, lo-fi ballad, repetitive lyrics, not much differentiation.
17. Jaunty, poppy rhythm, clanging percussion.