|Joakim / Milky Ways|
|Add Date:||2010-01-10||Pull Date:||2010-03-14|
|Week Ending:||Feb 28||Feb 14||Feb 7||Jan 31||Jan 24||Jan 17|
|1.||Feb 21, 2010:||THE ORIGINAL FLASHBANG RADIO |
|4.||Jan 29, 2010:||The Courtesy Flush - yakusa mama edition |
|2.||Feb 13, 2010:||lost and found |
|5.||Jan 28, 2010:||Finest Featured |
|3.||Feb 04, 2010:||Lyrics and Licks |
|6.||Jan 22, 2010:||The Courtesy Flush |
space sex disco with lotsa arpeggios and hard, sharp drums that would make albini smile. for fans of giorgio moroder, sci fi soundtracks, 20jazzfunkgreats.co.uk, the knife (the band), and justice (not the band).
Try: 1, 4, 6, 7
1. sprawling psyche explosion. slow, upset drums give way to boom style monsterous guitar. builds and builds into something demonic. not representative of the rest of the album
2. spastic drum intro. leads into a smooth space disco with robots lecturing you on pop culture.
3. descending & warbly, with funk drums and story-time hip hop stabs.
4. silky linear space dance behind inspirational sing along. chill guitar moves into place and sends this puppy into a laid back climax.
5. what the 8th grade stoners would slow dance to on the space station in 2099.
6. soft spiritual fuzz coo intro, upbeat space disco pop heartbreak. if your highschool science videos were actually made by The Knife and became soundtracks to the OC or Gossip Girl. delightfully spazzes out close to the finale. this will please you hipsters to no end.
7. unhurried romantic apple-talk space disco.
8. slow eight note melodies. kind of post rockish.
9. kind of proggy Spoon-esque space rock.
10. softer beach house meets jesus-mary-chain type stuff.
|1.||Back To Wilderness||5.||Glossy Papers|
|3.||Fly Like An Apple||7.||Love & Romance & A Special Person|
|4.||Spiders||8.||King Kong Is Dead|