|Slavic Soul Party / Taketron|
|Artist:||Slavic Soul Party||Added:||10/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-10-18||Pull Date:||2009-12-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov|
|1.||Sep 25, 2012:||Moonshine in the Evening |
|4.||Mar 17, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Get It How You Live
|2.||Sep 08, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
|5.||Feb 18, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Get It How You Live
|3.||Jul 21, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
|6.||Dec 04, 2010:||Music Casserole |
Slavic Soul Party – Taketron|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/15/09
Balkan brass band from Brooklyn (say THAT five times, fast!) with New Orleans second line and gospel, be-bop, and a bit of old-school cartoon music and funk. Whew! Akin to and buddies of Gogol Bordello and Balkan Beat Box. All instrumental! Yay! All good to great, too.
1. 0:08 intro
2. 4:12 ***swingy upbeat Gypsy brass and electronics. Does sound a bit like an old “Silly Symphony” – which is to say quite stylish, as well as fun. Very be-bop trumpet solo.
3. 3:20 **uptempo marching band romp, with a bit of second line feel. Nice. Blatty tuba bit, too.
4. 2:56 ***lopsided midtempo with a hint of Nawlins funk and a lot of wildness. Bout time the serious drinking started!
5. 5:15 **midtempo limping polka – but in a good way. Seems closer to traditional than the previous cuts.
6. 3:31 **swingy, uptempo, complex. Mostly horns and snares. Very snakey clarinet (?) midway through.
7. 2:49 ***hyperspeed oom-pah with the trumpet off on a tear, and an attack phalanx of accordions. Keen!
8. 3:54 **super cool and elegant percussion line, rather somber horns.
9. 1:24 ***mad, hyperactive – definitely has the air of an old cartoon classic.
10. 3:46 **ooh, very slow and sad with the air of a spiritual (which I guess it is.) Gets more upbeat midway through – sort of like experiencing a Big Easy funeral going out and coming back…
11. 2:30 ***groovy midtempo syncopated hora.
12. 3:23 ***yikes! Uptempo and Latinate – maybe it’s the cowbell. Apparently originially a Flamenco tune.
13. 6:00 **very slow and hymn-like intro, all horns. Busts out the party vibe after 2 minutes.
|4.||Get It How You Live||10.||Canaan Land|
|5.||Sviraj Srechko||11.||Laughter Club|
|6.||Pavketov Stakato||12.||Sancti Petri|