|Album:||Cactus In A Babyshoe||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-11-22||Pull Date:||2010-01-24|
|Week Ending:||Dec 27||Dec 6||Nov 29|
|1.||Dec 25, 2009:||The Courtesy Flush - the tiger woods holiday spectacular
|3.||Dec 05, 2009:||lost and found
|2.||Dec 05, 2009:||On The Warpath
|4.||Nov 25, 2009:||Brownian Motion
Cactus in a Babyshoe
Drunk Slavic destro-synth rock. Jam packed with glammy debaucherous mischief anthems and psychedelic excavations, altogether ballasted by a faux-anarchistic no future attitude. Still, the songs can be catchy and ultimately this record plods along the 80s revival path whether it wants to or not. Most importantly, track 3 is the shit. Play this for your parents when they ask you what you learned at school today. Absolute pessimism at its purest.
FCC: 2, 6
Try: 3, 7, 8
1. Almost epic. Almost incomprehensible. Cheese grated synth.
2. FCC – “fucking hell” Thick accent. Achieves a catchy, poppish melody on the hook, which stands in nice contrast to the rest of the song.
3. Anthemic, pig trough boasting. Guitars drop out for the verse and come tumbling in to add fireworks to the chorus. This track gets my special stamp of approval.
4. Slower, depressing. Lonely keys, subtle low ends.
5. Feels like the Simple Minds. Very catchy.
6. FCC - “fucked up” prominent bassline and guitar launches that scrape all the way down your back.
7. Dynamic haunted house anthem. Very cool climax.
8. FCC(?) – hard to tell with the accent, but let’s stay on the safe side) Powerful bent on taking over the world type shit. “Free gun with every son!” Fantastic idea, skipper.
9. Organ backed self-reflection and self pity.
10. Faster, upbeat, epic piano scales. Name-checking monkeys, bears, and elephants. Super cheesy breakdown ¾ in.
11. Fun voice manipulation + piano pounding & casio diddling.
|1.||Decision Time||6.||Kids With Glassy Eyes|
|3.||Victim Rock||8.||Blood Merchant|
|4.||Life (Is Not So Sweet)||9.||Next To You|
|5.||Microwave Entertainment||10.||We Are Lazy|
|11.||Let Us Be|