|Various Artists / Fabriclive.46: Ltj Bukem|
|Album:||Fabriclive.46: Ltj Bukem||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-11-29||Pull Date:||2010-01-31||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||17 Jan||3 Jan||6 Dec|
|1.||Jan 15, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|4.||Dec 31, 2009:||orangeasm: ending 2009 like a stallion |
|2.||Jan 08, 2013:||Electrowave |
Alien (Unknown), Battle Sweet (Spearhead)
|5.||Dec 05, 2009:||lost and found |
Memoryz (Good Looking)
|3.||Jan 13, 2010:||An Epiphany Of Sound - Guest J.C. |
Memoryz (Good Looking), One Line (East Side), Make It Home (Cia), Beautiful Girl (Fizzy Beats), Tokiado (East Side), Alien (Unknown), Ode To The Ghetto (Good Looking), Battle Sweet (Spearhead)
|6.||Dec 03, 2009:||night moves: instructions on becoming a disco legend |
Fabriclive 46: LTJ BUKEM|
Drum&Bass legend LTJ Bukem presents a mix of smooth liquid DnB flavours for London super club/religious institution Fabric. At times this is as close as DnB gets to chill out and lounge music. The good tracks have edge though, allow dem ones that sound like they could be in a car commercial. No FCCs. Recommend 3 & 8, and also 4 especially after the drop.
1. Fairly tame track - amen break occasionally peppered with flute flourishes and Ricky Martin-esque guitar sample. Loungey/background music. (Zzzzzzzzzz)
2. Track actually breaks at 1:03 deeper bass, soul vocal snippets, more like it.
3. *** More of track 2 but dropped at the right place, continues and then blends into a similarly deep riddim. Start here because you get the best of tracks 2 & 3, yes transitions, Bukem serve it up like a badman. Big basslines.
4. Next track drops at 1:25, buzzing bass answered by low metallic FM bell sounds, and yes sonar bleeps enter later. This one's a roller. If you had to make this beat before the advent of computers you would do it by dragging the dishwasher slowly away from the wall over tuned floor boards and then banging some pots and pans together. Kitchen renovation across the nation on the kzsu station.
5. You can hear Bukem get deep in the mix as the splashy hats roll over each other. Fluttering tremolo pads, starts to get more exciting as it gets more squelchy.
6. Drops at 1:25. Lush vibe to this track. The break does most of the work, a soulful euphoric female vocal whispers sweet nothings in your ear, warm textures.
7. The stuttering & spitting hi-hats make the third space (the overlap between the two records) a bit hectic and abrasive.
8.*** Goes from big bass, dark atmosphere and sparse blips and echoing vocals for the late night vibe into a euphoric vocal track. Probably for the bit of the night when everyone is rushing really hard and looking to make out. "Ooooh boy gonna make you love me". Good introduction to smoother DnB still. Deep/dark --> deep/soulful.
P.S. Drum&Bass IS NOT TOO FAST JUST FOLLOW THE SNARE with your hips, the groove just holds you, have a proper rinse out/skank out and you will feel so much better.